Friday, August 10, 2007

Love and a Wedding

Tonight we went to a beautiful wedding. Steve's cousin got married at our church. I loved seeing how excited the bride was when she said, "I'm married!!!" Then the Pastor said this celebration today is just a taste of what we will experience in Heaven as the Bride of Christ. When vows are exchanged at weddings I am reminded that I, too, said those same kinds of words, and I do a mental check of how I am doing with those vows..... At our wedding we were challenged to live a lasting legacy with the three "L's" - Love, Loyalty, and the Lord.

There is always so much love at a wedding! This one was no exception. "And now I will show you the most excellent way.... Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 12:31b, 13:4-8a,13)

No comments: