Friday, October 5, 2007

He's Waiting...

Today I was sitting in the living room watching my toddler play. For one moment I caught his eye and held out my arms to him. He flashed me a big smile and started running toward me. This is what a mom lives for! He was almost to me and I was ready to scoop him up when at the last moment he spotted a toy and turned to the right. How disappointing!
It's amazing how little, everyday things can give you such a clear picture of God. I know he's waiting to spend time with me and yet so often my response is "I'm coming Lord, I just have to fold the laundry and empty the dishwasher first, but I am coming, I promise..." And I leave him waiting, with his arms open wide, longing to embrace me...
Take a moment to spend some time with the Father... the laundry can wait!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting Leanne! So glad you agreed to join the blog team!!! Great post.

Jen G. said...

That is a perfect analogy--really makes you think about how easy we get distracted from spending time with God each day.