Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NFY

I just got an email from Dayspring - a company that sells a lot of Christian inspirational material and books. They also send out a devotional email that I subscribe to. Usually, I glance over the email to see if they have any clearance items that I might stock up on for gifts, or I read the verses for the day, and then I delete it.

Today, however, something caught my attention. These words were in the email:

When Jesus was on the cross, the last thing He said was,
"It is finished."
After He made that statement He died.
When is God's purpose for you on this earth finished?
It is finished when you die...
until then, you are not finished yet! NFY!

To read the whole post, head to Roy's blog HERE.

I have been frustrated by my Grandma over the past few years. She was put in a care home after a series of falls that made it impossible for her to live on her own any longer. Before she left her own apartment, she had already given up on life. Since then, and it's been a few years, she has been quite upset anytime one of her friends dies. She gets so jealous that she is still here suffering in old age and pain, and others "get to" die.

It makes me think that God still has plans for my Granny. NFY. When he's finished working on you, then it's time to meet him in Glory. But until then... NFY.

I don't know how it feels to be 90 years old, but I do know that I've seen plenty of old people that have a much better life because they haven't stopped living.

Take Gigi, for instance. She is a gem. She is 97 years old and still lives alone. She loves Jesus with all her heart and I know she still prays for anyone that she thinks of. Gigi is completely blind. She doesn't let that stop her. She is determined to share the love of Jesus until the day she dies.

I read about another lady, once, who at the age of 83 took up running. She was a feisty one, that lady! She always came first in her age category when she entered races, too!! You can't always do that as a younger person, but she could do it now! Age was no barrier for her!

About a year ago, a friend of my husband's and mine said that his dad was struggling with purpose in his life. His dad is in his 90s. What he told his dad was that he is NFY!! Maybe God still has someone for him to talk to and minister to. But for SURE, God has people for him to pray for.

Nobody is worthless, nobody is too young or too old, nobody is not good enough or not smart enough for God to use. If you are for God, then who can be against you? God will always have a purpose for you, don't wait to ask him. We get hung up on our age, or our weight, our status, or our position/job/address... any number of things can hold us back from living our lives to the FULL. His ways are so much greater than ours and if you are 2 or 92 or 102, he can use you. If you are still breathing, then he still has work for you to do. Don't give up on life before you're done.

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me;
my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the
Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the
good news of God’s grace.

Hebrews 12:1-3
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

No comments: