Friday, June 27, 2008

School's OUT!

The most significant thing for me about school being out this year for Summer is that when it goes back in, I will have a school-aged child. Yikes! Where did the last 5 years go? I know that in my day to day I am far less busy than some women, but sometimes I still feel like there is no time to rest, relax and just be.

One of my friends has chosen Psalm 46:10 for her life verse...

Be still and know that I am God.

What a great verse. Slow down. sit still. read your Bible. meditate.

In the midst of your busy Summer, while you are traveling here and there, or BBQing with these friends or those friends... remember to take the time to be still and rest in God. Even if you go away on holidays somewhere, find a church to worship in. Or if you are far from a church, gather everyone close and take time to "do church" on your vacation. Where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, he is there too. You don't need a fancy building, but you DO need the fellowship of other believers.
Have a great summer! I hope to do a weekly post on here, so please check back!

No comments: