After having to cancel twice in a row due to snowy weather, we were finally able to get together again today. We had a great discussion this morning with the ladies that came out. Thanks, everyone, for your input!
Our topic was Ruth... well, kind of! The first couple questions I asked had to do with loyalty:
- How would you define loyalty?
- Is it hard to be loyal to people?
Those simple questions made our discussion take flight and we talked for over 45 minutes about loyalty, loyalty in families, loyalty in marriages, lack of loyalty in society, you name it.
So, this post is going to be just about loyalty. What does that word mean to YOU? I would love to have the discussion carry on further here... do you have a story to tell about how someone has shown loyalty to you? Or an answer to my questions above? Please feel free to leave your comments. I know people read this, because I've asked!!! But I'd love for you to feel free to jump into the discussion, even if you weren't at our Bible Study this week.
Some of the points of our discussion were:
- Loyalty is when you stand by someone no matter what.
- It's a form of commitment
- Society is greatly lacking loyalty, and we don't value loyalty in our society.
- Even when we don't necessarily see eye to eye with someone, or agree 100% with their stance - loyalty is standing beside them in support.