Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Gift of the Blessing

By Leanne Konrad

I'm sure over the years I've been given hundreds of Christmas gifts... some I remember others I don't. I remember a set of blue suitcases, new Christmas pajamas, a care bear, a little baking set, and a very special letter.
My parents had just finished reading a book called "The Gift of the Blessing" and decided that for Christmas that year each of their kids would receive a letter of blessing from them. I still have mine 15 years later and I will always treasure it. It outlined the gifts and talents my parents saw in me, the character traits they admired in me and the things they daily prayed for me. I have read it often and it has been a huge encouragment to me.
This year, why not use the space on your Christmas cards to write more than "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"? Take a moment and think about what makes a certain person so special to you... use your Christmas cards as an opportunity to give the "Gift of the Blessing". If you do I promise your card will be around long past Christmas.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a great idea! Such a treasure!